Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Study Abroad: Odds and Ends

A major reason I started this blog was to chronicle my upcoming study abroad trip, since I often could not find personal resources when I was searching. This part of a series of posts leading up to my departure.
 
I have T minus one day until I leave, and since I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off, this entry is appropriate.
Before you go, make sure you have detailed instructions on how to get from Point A to Point B. If you're meeting anyone, double-check with them again to make sure plans haven't changed (because they can, and they will).

Google for packing tips if you're unsure. Remember to leave about a third of your suitcase empty because you will, inevitably, end up with more than you expect.

Do you have everything set up? A journal, or a blog, or the addresses of people you want to write to?

Have you checked the TSA website to ensure that yes, you are allowed to have nail clippers in your carry-on? Have you backed up your computer? Have you called your credit card company to let them know it'll be you, not a thief, using your card halfway across the planet? Are you panicking yet?


Sadly, I will also miss the kittens, who will be gone when I return.

This is it, the culmination of the months of searching, re-searching, weeding, phone tag with university officials, advisory meetings, checking transcripts and accredidation, and everything else.

So what now? Try to relax, and get ready for an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...